Dungeons of Doom
- Gold has weight. 1gp = 0.1 lbs
- Gems have weight. 1 gem = 0.1 lbs unless stated otherwise.
- Only Fighters gain to-hit and damage bonuses from Strength greater than +1. (This is changed from the default rules which state only Fighters get any bonus as a result of Strength)
- We are using the Ascending Armor Class system.
- No Thieves allowed.
- Backpacks have a 40-pound capacity.
- Regardless of what you have, it is assumed that your General Equipment equals 10 pounds and is stored in your pack.
- A 10-foot-pole or ladder can not fit in your backpack. Such items must be carried in-hand.
- Your primary and secondary weapon can be worn. (This also means if you use a bow, you are given a quiver for your arrows; a dart user has a dart pouch; and a sling user has a bullet pouch)
- All coins immediately convert to gold as you spend/receive them. (1cp = 0.01gp, 1sp = 0.1gp)
- Clerics: go ahead and make up a religious deity. Since your spells are granted by your god, the nature of your religion might grant you a different spell list from the one listed in rulebook.
- Magic-Users: you start off knowing a number of 1st Level spells equal to the “Minimum Number of Spells” defined by your Intelligence score (refer to Table 4: Intelligence). Every time you level up, you can add 2 new spells to your spellbook without the need for a Learn Spell roll.
- If you die and are resurrected, you will come back with only 1hp.
- Rest-based heal values are covered here
- For details on how resurrection works, see here
- XP will be rewarded as it is obtained. I will tell you what XP you gain immediately after gaining it (including any XP gained from loot collection). If you level, you do whatever needs to be done upon leveling (ie: rolling HD, adding new spells to your spellbook, etc) and immediately heal up to full hp (if you are not dead). Spellcasters immediately re-remember any spells they had memorized that morning and can choose any new spell from their spellbook to fill whatever new spell slots they have just earned.